Manuel Antonio National Park: Catedral
View to North
Casa Voladora: View from the Bedroom
Casa Voladora: Living room
View of the Pacific
Casa Mirador: View from lower balcony
View of the houses from the surf
Welcome to Manuel Antonio Costa Rica Ocean View Beach Houses!
The two houses sit on a cliff overlooking Punta Quepos, the Pacific Ocean and Manuel Antonio National Park. They were designed by an award-winning architect to provide stunning views from every window and terrace.
In both houses, one awakens to the exotic songs of rainforest birds and the sounds of the rolling waves of the sea below. One can often see toucans , monkeys and two-toed sloths from the various terraces in both houses. You can have your morning coffee on the terrace as you take in the spectacular view of the Quepos fishermen heading out to sea and or check out the local butterflies and birds. It's a short fifteen minute walk downhill to Espadilla Beach below the houses and an additional twenty minute walk along the beach to the entrance of the National Park.
The same architect built both houses in a European style. They are simple and elegant in their construction and furnishings. There is no T.V. or air-conditioning (although it is not necessary due to a nice sea breeze and ceiling fans). The houses are simply a place to relax and get away for awhile; read a good book, listen to some music (iPod docking station supplied) watch the sunrise and sunset, count lizards, paint, draw, breathe...
- The houses will be completely set up for your arrival, save food and drink.
- Each house has a telephone in the living room area. Wireless internet access is available.
- Each house has a kitchen fully equipped with a stove, refrigerator, toaster oven, blender, coffee pot, toaster, microwave, dishes, pots, pans, glasses, etc. Casa Mirador also has a traditional oven.
- Each house has one full bathroom and an outside shower as well.
- There is hot water throughout each house, including the outside showers.
- Beds are ready and made. Sheets and towels will be changed around every 5 days. If you stay for a week, it will be done around mid-week.
- Beach towels are provided as well.
- Novel exchange along with access to guide and local wildlife books.
- Laminated wildlife identification cards.
Bismark and his family are our caretakers and their house is on the same plot of land as Mirador and Voladora. Close enough if you need anything, far enough away to ensure your privacy.